Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



I thought this captured the spirit of the Holiday better than anything else. Just an update today, but I've been drinking a lot of green smoothies, and three days in a row this week I walked five miles along the lakefront. I'm up to a quart of green smoothies a day as of yesterday, and thank God I discovered grapes as the ideal replacement for the banana! I think it was even the flavor, not just the consistency that didn't agree with me. You may remember I always reach a point with raw where I don't like bananas anymore at all. So it stands to reason my body is sending me a message and I finally got it... after six years of green smoothie failures to launch. I've had them all week now with grapes, and I'm doing great. I love the instant energy boost. It's not an abnormal hyper feeling. It's more like someone injecting me with a great night's sleep. All the sudden, I'm not the least bit tired, but I'm not wired either. It's sooo nice. Just love it.


I'm having some apple-cinnamon-raisin chia meal right now too. Good stuff, even cold. That I do like smooth and creamy. I didn't go out for Thanksgiving this year. I could've, but I preferred to stay in and I'm cool with that. I've been sleeping a lot this week, not because I'm tired, but more of a relaxation-hibernation phase. I wake up after about five hours, and force myself to go back to sleep. Then I have these fascinating epic dreams about all kinds of things. I'm going easy on myself about it. My schedule will be pretty busy in January with school starting up.

I've also had a recent experience with a well-meaning friend thinking she could force me to take injections to lose weight. I was relieved to know a family member had nothing to do with it, so it wasn't a multiple-person intervention, but it sure felt like that for a week or so. That was really upsetting. I felt it was no one's business but my own, but here I am writing about my raw food journey, so that's rather hypocritical. I'm still sorting out my feelings surrounding this experience.

In the spirit of the holiday I've been watching the Extraordinary People series on Youtube. I feel so inspired by these incredible people, and they make me feel very thankful for all that I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQAU0mgLSA

No comments:

Post a Comment