Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/11/11 and Change


I found myself defending raw foods tonight with a very good friend I respect a great deal, who is also a doctor. It was a life-changing conversation. Sometimes we must be forced to fight for something we believe in to realize just how deep our passion runs. Enough of talking the talk. It's time to walk the walk.

In other news... I had a huge green smoothie breakthrough today. I've been trying to drink green smoothies for almost six years with little success or pleasure. Today I discovered bananas may have been the problem all along. I don't like thick, creamy, green smoothies. They kind of make me gag. I prefer something thinner I can slam if I have to, not something I have to slog down. I was out of bananas today, but I had a bunch of grapes that were about to go bad. Voila! The result is much more like juice! I want to try juicing again, but it's expensive. Especially all organic, and I always feel guilty about throwing out all that fiber. This is a great compromise for the time being! It reminds me of my favorite movie line... from Castaway of course, which actually came up in conversation tonight too, "And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring."




No comments:

Post a Comment